So. many. new. adventurer; funds. – Tech Crunch
Which proves it Venture investors have more More dry powder than everThis week started with a flurry of venture capital fund closing announcements across sectors and phases. It tells us that LPs remain active amid this dissonant moment in technology, and Despite some of the difficulties faced by emerging fund managers, This is news.
Our team got a good list:
- B Capital It closed on $250 million in capital commitments for its Ascent Fund II, the first dedicated early-stage fund to invest in pre-incorporated companies through Series A companies globally, but with a focus on the United States and Asia.
- Cathay Innovation and AfricaInvest They announced a definitive closing of €110 million in the Cathay AfricInvest Innovation Fund, an African fund they began working on together in 2019.
- AM Ventures It closed on a $100 million fund targeting early-stage companies focused on industrial and commercial 3D printing applications.
- Capital tribeThe company, which has $1.5 billion in assets under management, has secured $25 million from investors to launch a crypto incubator program.
- Crypto Asset Manager Valkyrie It plans to raise between $25 million and $30 million for a venture capital fund under its new arm, Valkyrie Ventures, to invest in an “infrastructure layer” between Web 2.0 and web3. The company is known for The launch of one of the only futures ETFs approved by the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)moves to a new asset class – venture capital.
- Fundrise, the company that allows anyone to invest in real estate with a minimum investment of just $10, is raising a new $1 billion growth equity fund to invest in late-stage tech startups. The new chest will be permanent, which means it will have an indefinite life, The structure is similar to that of beer And the Some SoftBank money.
- Finally, this is not a new fund but a new program to get more fund managers, VC Include has announced a 2022 fellowship focused on fund managers for the first time at BIPOC. Aspiring investors who are based in the United States and want to raise between $10 million and $100 million for their venture capital funds or venture capital You are invited to apply.
Here are a lot of other tasty treats taken earlier this week and last week:
- The The United Arab Emirates Securing $800 million in capital commitments for a new fund to be launched into space initiatives.
- Battery Ventures is charging up its capital after reeling $3.8 billion in commitments Through three new funds, it will invest in all phases of startups in areas including business software, fintech, healthcare and data. Battery Ventures XIV and its companion fund take $3.3 billion of it, and $530 million Battery Ventures Select Fund II, is a vehicle created to make additional investments primarily in portfolio companies affiliated with the company’s other funds.
- Now finished to Iter Investments It closed its first fund with more than $20 million in capital to distribute capital in the emerging drug market. as our colleague Anna Heim reported in May, dope is an area with some early hype and also some early failures, but some investors are digging in their heels at what they think is still very young. Iter, founded by Dustin Robinson, has a portfolio of 16 companies across the market.
- Meanwhile, the cooperative fund Announced the new Collab SOS Fund With commitments of $200 million to invest in Series A and B companies operating in the sustainable economy across materials, components, energy and supply chains. The limited partners came from some of the biggest buyers of the material, experts in agriculture and industry leaders, according to the company.
- Auction house in London Kristi This week it said it would create its own venture capital arm called Christie’s Ventures with the goal of investing seed capital in startup technology that would help art collectors buy and sell more artwork, either digitally or otherwise.
- Lightspeed raised $500 million for its new fund in India and Southeast AsiaAccording to TC’s Manish Singh, it adds to the more than $7 billion raised via the new funds. As Singh notes, the company has a team of nine partners in India and Southeast Asia and has nearly doubled the size of its fund assets.
If you want to know other articles similar to So. many. new. adventurer; funds. – Tech Crunch you can visit the category Blog.